Carroll College And The Sisters Of St. Dominic 1925-1961
The first religious pioneers of the Montana Territory, of whom Father DeSmet, Bishop Brondel, Father Point, and Father Grassi stand apart, would become the foundation upon which Bishop Carroll would build Mount St. Charles College and the rest of the Diocese of Helena. Carroll further expanded the number of religious workers in the Diocese through the addition of a variety of religious orders, among which were the Sisters of St. Dominic. These sisters not only provided a further religious influence on the campus, but supplied labor for culinary and domestic help that would enable the college to save money through the sister's frugality. Let us now turn our attention to the specific events that actually brought the Sisters of St. Dominic to Mount St. Charles College.